Gepubliceerd op 3 juni 2017
Gezocht: Communicatie-medewerker (zsm, Nes Ammim/Israël)
Nes Ammim is een internationale werk- en leefgemeenschap in Israël. De naam is Hebreeuws voor ‘banier van de volkeren’. De gemeenschap is in 1963 opgericht door (onder andere) een Nederlandse en een Zwitserse christen en een Israëlische jood. Het uitgangspunt was de dialoog en het vertrouwen tussen joden en christenen vergroten. Deze dialoog is de afgelopen jaren o.l.v. het Centre of Learning and Dialogue uitgebreid. Er vinden gesprekken plaats tussen inwoners van Israël met eenuiteenlopende etnische en religieuze achtergrond. Ook is er een nieuwe wijk in aanbouw waar we proberen een divers, Israëlisch publiek te laten samenleven. Nes Ammim is een solidariteitsprincipe on the spot.
Op dit moment is Nes Ammim Israel op zoek naar een creatieve Communicatie-medewerker. Hieronder vindt u de engelstalige vacaturetekst.
Character of the organisation
Nes Ammim is a village in the Western Galilee, Israel, dedicated to encounter and dialogue, learning and hospitality. In its midst lives an international, ecumenical Christian community. Its members, motivated by the lessons of the past and the challenges of the present, are living ,working and learning in solidarity with the wide spectrum of people in the country, Jews, Arabs and others.
Nes Ammim was founded in the sixties of the 20th century by European Christians. After 1967 European churches also started to support Nes Ammim. The German and Dutch organizations are shareholders of Nes Ammim Israel and constitute the Board of Directors (BoD). The volunteers of the Christian community come from different countries, mainly from Europe, for a certain period of time. They belong to different churches in their home countries. They strive to be a community of people who live and work together – alongside other Israeli inhabitants and employees (Jews and Arabs).
The village is also a place of learning & dialogue for its volunteers, who are offered a challenging study programme with lectures and educational trips that teach about Judaism, Christianity, and Islam and illuminate the larger social, cultural and political life of Israel.
Position in the organization
The Communication Officer coordinates and facilitates internal and external PR and communication activities on the operational level and advises on the tactical level, with the goal to strengthen Nes Ammim’s position in Israel as well as in Europe.
He/she monitors and responds to relevant developments in Israel, Germany and the Netherlands and anticipates to these developments with suitable resources. The Communication Officer acts as the spokesperson for Nes Ammim Israel in agreement with the Community and CLD manager Nes Ammim.
The Communication Officer is the chairperson of the International Communication Committee (ICC), an advisory body to the Board of Directors. He/she is a member of the Management Staff and reports to the Community and CLD manager Nes Ammim.
– Develop and execute an adequate and integral communication plan for internal and external communication;
– Monitor the overall image of Nes Ammim and is the first contact and knowledge base internally and externally regarding all communication issues;
– Coordinate and facilitate ongoing internal and external PR and communication activities;
– Develop activities that lead to fund-raising and brand awareness;
– Participating in building and maintaining a network of relations within global Nes Ammim and outside;
– Investigate whether the current position and image of Nes Ammim is well aligned with the target groups;
– Evaluate, create and/or update communication materials (internal/external, print and electronic): writing articles, brochures, flyers, website content etc.;
– Responsible for (the content of) different NA websites and dealing with social networks (web 2.0).
Knowledge and experience
– A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Communication or related field;
– Ability to communicate the interest of inter-religious/inter-cultural dialogue;
– Relevant experience in an international and inter-cultural context (desirable);
– Relevant experience in strategy or business development;
– Editorial experience;
– High level of English (written and spoken);
– Ability to speak or willingness to learn basic Hebrew; Arabic (recommended).
Competences and qualifications
– Written and verbal communication skills;
– Organisational skills;
– Strong networking skills;
– Public speaking;
– Negotiating skills;
– Confidence and discretion;
– Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
– Inspiring and outgoing personality;
– Flexible and stress resistant;
– Able to deal with a diversity of people and able to build bridges;
– Able to recognize and seize opportunities.
Managers, branch heads, volunteers and employees, study leader, pastor.
Study and Dialogue organizations;
Religious organizations in Israel and Europe;
(Donor) organizations in Israel and Europe;
Willingness to support the ecumenical Christian identity and the Profile of Nes Ammim;
Willingness to live and work as a volunteer in Nes Ammim Village.
Period of stay
Part time position for a minimum stay of half a year.
Nes Ammim offers
A varied, full-time position as a volunteer with responsibility in a beautiful surrounding;
Accommodation, meals, health insurance, contribution to pension provisions;
A very interesting study program.
For the profile of Nes Ammim and other information please visit our website www.nesammim.nl or the international website www.nesammim.org.
Bron: Nes Ammim