Op dit moment is Nes Ammim Israel op zoek naar een Financial Controller. Hieronder vindt u de engelstalige vacaturetekst.
Gepubliceerd op 3 juni 2017
Gezocht: Financial Controller (zsm, Nes Ammim/Israel)
Financial Controller in Israel
Character of the organisation
Nes Ammim is a village in the Western Galilee, Israel, dedicated to encounter and dialogue, learning and hospitality. In its midst lives an international, ecumenical Christian community. Its members, motivated by the lessons of the past and the challenges of the present, are living, working and learning in solidarity with the wide spectrum of people in the country, Jews, Arabs and others.
Nes Ammim was founded in the sixties of the 20th century by European Christians. After 1967 European churches also started to support Nes Ammim. The German and Dutch organizations are shareholders of Nes Ammim Israel and constitute the Board of
Directors (BoD). The volunteers of the Christian community come from different countries, mainly from Europe, for a certain period of time. They belong to different churches in their home countries. They strive to be a community of people who live and work together – alongside other Israeli inhabitants and employees (Jews and Arabs).
The village is also a place of learning & dialogue for its volunteers, who are offered a challenging study programme with lectures and educational trips that teach about Judaism, Christianity, and Islam and illuminate the larger social, cultural and political life of Israel.
Purpose of the job
The Financial Controller is responsible for the administration, controlling and treasury of Nes Ammim Israel.
Position in the organization
The Financial Controller is part of the Management staff, reports to the Manager Business, the CLD and Community Manager and the International Boards.
He/she participates in Operational Management Team meetings and has a decisive voice regarding financial issues. The Financial Controller supervises the bookkeeping staff.
- Preparing the yearly budget in co-operation with the Managers;
- Responsible for the preparation of financial and operational reports, cost reports and financial forecasts on a regular (monthly) basis in order to control the budget and financial situation of Nes Ammim;
- Controlling of correct spending ear-marked donations;
- Preparing the financial statements in cooperation with external accountant;
- Cash-flow management;
- Preparing investment calculations and project controlling;
- Supervising the bookkeeping staff.
- Manager Business and CLD and Community Manager
- Operational Management Team;
- Volunteers, employees.
- International Boards and Board of Directors;
- Regional council;
- Organizations, companies related to Nes Ammim.
- Contacts banks, donor organizations/individuals, auditor, fund raising organizations, insurance companies/advisers.
Knowledge and experience
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting;
- Relevant experience and knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles;
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems;
- High level of English written, spoken and reading.
Competences and qualifications
- Organizational and supervising skills;
- Helicopter view while focusing on the process and procedures;
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product;
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections;
- Ability to improvise;
- Ability to advise.
- Flexible and able to work under stress;
- Good communication skills, verbal and written;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Team player.
- Christian inspired;
- Endorsing the ethos and profile of Nes Ammim;
- Willingness to live in a small village community, comprised of people from diverse backgrounds who live, study and work together, mainly on a voluntary basis;
- Due to its importance the position of the Financial Controller is a key position in the organization to be filled by a long-termer on a voluntary basis.
Period of stay
The Financial Controller will stay for a minimum of 2 years. The Financial controller position is a full time position (40 hrs. per week).
Nes Ammim offers
- A varied, full-time position as a volunteer with responsibility in a beautiful surrounding;
- Accommodation, meals, health insurance, contribution to pension provisions, pocketmoney;
- A very interesting study program.
Bron: Nes Ammim