Gepubliceerd op 18 september 2020
Gezocht: Penningmeester (zsm, Den Haag)
APCH, (The American Church of the Hague) an English-speaking church for all nations is recruiting the successor to their treasurer. The current incumbent is retiring after many years of faithful service. We are looking for a person with integrity an enthusiastic and faithful successor who has a love for detail and numbers and for serving in this capacity. The position is crucial in the ongoing organizational life of the congregation.
Purpose of the role:
The position exists to provide the council and members of APCH with accurate bookkeeping and treasury services, as well as safekeeping and recording of crucial documentation.
– Maintain a current accounting of the APCH finances on the provided bookkeeping software.
– Ensure proper procedures are in place and followed for reimbursements, banking, personnel, etc.
– Report monthly on income and expenses and provide this information as needed to the council, individuals, and authorities.
– Support groups within APCH such as the church council and benevolence committees. This includes the tracking of funds received and disbursements, reporting fund balances, and arranging distribution of actual payments.
– Communicate with entities outside APCH such as accountant, payroll, Faith and Learning in the USA, insurances etc. Ensure information is provided to them timely and accurately.
– Ensure payments are prepared and executed, control debtors and creditors. Prepare invoices and liaise with the agency that is preparing and executing the monthly staff payments.
– Communicate with the banks and manage the accounts. Ensure the weekly plate collections are counted and deposited. Always keep appropriate records. (both physical and digital)
– Assist the finance chair in the preparation of the yearly budget for council and subcommittees. Support the finance chair and the finance committee with once-off requests and analysis of financial data and giving and secure historical analysis and information.
Skills and competencies needed:
– Advanced bookkeeping, computer, and Excel skills
– Good English abilities, proficiency in Dutch language skills and great communication skills, both written and oral.
– Numerical and analytical skills. Fast in take-up and efficient working habits.
– Presents well orally and written.
– Takes initiative and responds to requests in a timely manner.
The position is part-time (15 hours a week) and is based at the office of APCH in the Hague, starting November 1, 2020. The successful candidate will be offered a 1-year contract to be extended at the end of the year in a contract of indefinite time. It is remunerated according to the scales of the PKN churches in the Netherlands including 25 pro rata vacation days. The position reports to the Senior Pastor as chief of staff with a functional line to the finance chair who is a member of the governing council of the congregation and collaborates with the staff of the church, committee heads of the church and members of the finance committee.
Personal qualities and experience:
The position requires a person of utmost confidentiality, who applies diligence and frugality in his or her personal life and has experience in this or similar roles (minimum 5 years preferably), having worked in an organization where high standards were applied and set. He/she has an accountancy (HBO) background. The successful candidate should have an ongoing affiliation with the purpose of APCH and loves to work for a non-profit faith-based organization. We would like someone who is a self-starter and can set the bar high on accuracy and detailed work yet is creative where it comes to providing analysis and ideas on improving the administration and reporting. Please apply by sending your CV and a letter with your motivation, references and relevant background information about work experience and skills to finance@APCH.nl We plan to interview during the month of October.