Gepubliceerd op 3 oktober 2020
Gezocht: PhD-kandidaat (1-12, Leuven)
The Institute of Philosophy in conjunction with the Faculty of Arts at KU Leuven, Belgium is advertising a 100% 4-year (2 + 2) Ph.D. position in Feminist Philosophy/Gender Studies/Literary Theory (starting date: February 1, 2021). Application deadline, December 1, 2021.
“Gendered Mimesis” is an interdisciplinary project at the crossroads between feminist philosophy and literary theory led by Prof. Nidesh Lawtoo and hosted by the Institute of Philosophy and the Faculty of Arts (English; Cultural Studies) at KU Leuven. The goal of the project is to investigate the role mimesis (imitation) plays in contemporary rethinking of the gendered subject in terms of performativity, relationality, and affect, with special focus on Adriana Cavarero’s philosophical/literary investigation of gendered inclinations.
– Highly motivated candidate with an MA in feminist philosophy, gendered studies, comparative literature, cultural studies, political theory (or related degree in the humanities).
– Background in gender studies and special interest in the feminist work of Adriana Cavarero and contemporaries (Butler, Irigaray, Malabou et al.)
– Written/oral proficiency in English and outstanding academic writing skills (textual analysis, close reading). Knowledge of Italian welcome.
– Enthusiasm for working across literary/philosophical boundaries, team-work, as well as independent, “out-of-the-box” thinking.
– Commitment to completing a Ph.D. thesis in continental philosophy or literary studies with a special focus on gender and subject formation.
Lees hier verder.
Bron: KU Leuven